As a home seller, it is incredibly important that you take professional listing photos. There are also five major photography mistakes that you need to avoid
Buying a Sacramento Area Home? Search ALL Homes For Sale.
Selling Your Sacramento Area Home? Get a FREE Home Value Report.
Professional listing photos are incredibly important in today’s market, as most buyers begin their home search online. As a home seller, there are five mistakes that you need to avoid when taking listing photos:
1. No more corners. For some reason, everyone likes to take pictures of bare, lonely, boring corners. Do not take pictures of corners; they do you no good whatsoever.
2. The grass is always greener. Make sure you take a wide photo to showcase the outside of your home rather than a narrow photo.
3. From the outside looking in. We see listings all the time without interior photos. Why isn’t the photographer allowed in your house? You need to make sure that they come into the home so they can take pictures and record what is magnificent about your house so that we can sell your house effectively..
4. A haunted look doesn’t help. Grainy photos, poorly lit photos, and shadowy photos do not make your home look presentable. They can actually make your house look haunted, which will not get you the maximum price for your home.
5. Let the sun in. Open up your windows, blinds, and drapes to let the sun in. Natural lighting makes your home look bigger while highlighting its beauty. Let the sun in so that we can actually show your home online.
If you follow these five tips, your listing photos will be fantastic. If you have any other questions about listing photos or preparing your home for the market, just give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!